Printable program: Spring 2018 [pdf]
We hope you will be ready in the fall for more thoughtful, original and provocative lectures brought to you by WomenExplore:
In the Fall 2018 series we are pursuing the theme
The series begins on Thursday 13th September, with Necessary Losses which addresses unavoidable losses that we face through our lives, from the loss of our chidhood, to our children leaving home, to our own ultimate demise. This exceptional session is arranged differently from normal: it begins with the main speaker at 11.30 am and ends with a Letting Go ritual, facilitated by Lindsa Vallee. There is no focus talk. Please join us.
Janet Cooper Nelson, chaplain of Brown University, on the board of Hope Hospice and Palliative Care of RI.
Followed by a Letting Go ritual, facilitated by Lindsa Vallee.
WomenExplore meets at the Democracy Center on 45 Mt Auburn St. The Democracy Center is partially wheelchair accessible; there is no wheelchair accessible bathroom on site, (but there is an accessible bathroom available nearby). Contact email@example.com or 617 492 8855 as needed for more information on accessibility. Check out the space here: democracycenter.org
For the lectures, we validate parking at University Place Garage, 124 Mt. Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 (entrance on University Road) for a small discount.
Limited metered parking is available in surrounding streets for up to two hours.
• On Thursday 10th May 2018 Mary Ann Serra, Lindsa Vallee, Paula Chandoha and Mary Rose Muti were elected unopposed for another two year term on the WE Board.
They join Elaine Fisher, Martha Nielsen, Erica Kenny and Barbara Sweet.
• As well as keeping an eye on WE's finances, Board members need to spend some time reaching out to more women to grow our audience. (The Advisory Committee is responsible for all the lecture planning. Please join us in that endeavor too.)
• For more about the WE Board see: WE Board.
•On Thursday 17th May, the week after the final lectures this fall, WomenExplore invites everyone who has attended the lectures this spring to join us in celebrating the series by finalizing the topics and potential speakers for next spring, and bringing the Fall 2018 series up to date. We still need focusers for the Fall.
10 am: Reflections on the Exploring ... series. What did you learn? How did this series change your thinking?
• 11 am: Planning
• Sandwiches will be provided for lunch! Bring your own drinks -- tea and coffe will be available.
• 3 pm: Finish.
• Location: The Democracy Center, 45 Mt Aurburn St, Cambridge, MA 02138.