Printable program: Fall 2018 [pdf]
WomenExplore brings you more more thoughtful, original and provocative lectures:
In the Fall 2018 series we are pursuing the theme
For the final lecture in this dymaic series we are thrilled to be able to welcome back Tim McCarthy speaking on this vitally important topic.
How to Sustain Momentum Working for Change
Paula Chandoha speaks from her personal experience.
Tim McCarthy, director of the Culture Change & Social Justice Initiative at Harvard Kennedy School's Carr Center, faculty convener of the Emerging Human Rights Leaders Program.
WomenExplore meets at the Democracy Center on 45 Mt Auburn St. The Democracy Center is partially wheelchair accessible; there is no wheelchair accessible bathroom on site, (but there is an accessible bathroom available nearby). Contact email@example.com or 617 492 8855 or see democracycenter.org/accessibility as needed for more information on accessibility. Check out the space here: democracycenter.org
For the lectures, we validate parking at University Place Garage, 124 Mt. Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 (entrance on University Road) for a small discount.
Limited metered parking is available in surrounding streets for up to two hours.
• Please join us for the Fall 2018 series!
• The first event of the day, from 10-11 am, will be Reflections, a discussion circle in which we will be talking about how the topic of the previous week has played out in our lives. I hope you will join us as it is always interesting to share our thoughts and in so doing learn about each other's life experiences. (Tea and coffee will be available.)
• Registration begins at 11 am and continues until 12.15 pm for those who can only attend the main lecture.
• The more formal portion of the forum begins at 11.30 am with a short personal focus usually given by one of our participants.
• This is followed by the main lecture with a short Q&A period from 12 noon to 1 pm.
• From 1-1.30 pm members of the audience have an opportunity to share their own experiences and opinions.
• Many of us continue our WE day with a planning session where we are working on the Fall 2019 series until 3.30pm. We have nearly completed work on the series "Am I My Sister's Keeper?" for next spring.
• We hope to see you at all or some of the events, and can promise you an intriguing day!